Come Into My Parlor...


Now here is something a little different! 
 For the Halloween dance this past year... instead of wearing an old dress (who would do something like that?? :P) and I didn't have a costume I wanted to wear,  I decided to make a simple Halloween themed dress (heh... yeah... simple...). 
I used a true vintage pattern I was given a while back (Simplicity 1314 I think).

So I picked up some Halloween themed netting that has a red foil spiderweb pattern and on the opposite side the foil is silver. I liked the silver side better, so that's the side I used and flatlined it with a black cotton broadcloth. 


The fit was ok. I had to do my standard take in 1/2 inch on the bodice side seams. Even them it's still a bit on the big side. That's mostly personal preference (and me being my nit-picky self).

I wish I had worn photos of this dress, as I wore it to a few parties, but I never got around to getting them. Sigh. 


It was very fun to dance in! The metallic was soo cool and the red side would peek out occasionally too! Very cool!


The pattern also came with FABULOUS pockets! So big!!! I can stash my phone and lipstick in one then dance with no problem! I made them in white due to the expansive skirt, which makes it hard to find them.
I bought a cheap petticoat from Amazon which did the job nicely (plus petticoat making is a pain). It could probably use another one for a proper 50s look.

Also, am I the only one who finds this dress to be 50s goth?
I kinda like this theme! Maybe I'll do the same for next year (30s/40s goth :D )!

Comments

Popular Posts