Bras.... again....

Get ready for another bra post! 

I have no shame about my wardrobe anymore... 

I actually have two bras to show, one with the Marlborough Bra pattern I used last time and one with the Boylston bra pattern.

As for the Marlborough, not much in the way of change. All the supplies are either leftovers from the previous bra kit or bought separately from the same shop, Tailor Made.

Did you know I have never owned a black lace bra before now? Actually, I don't think I've ever owned a lace bra at all before making my own! 

(Real talk: If you have never tried on, thought about, looked at, or dreamed of owning a lace bra, black or not, get one. You will feel instantly more put together, even if you are only wearing sweats and a ratty tee! Plus a good quality one shouldn't be itchy or uncomfortable!)


I just love this lace! 


So that one is pretty basic. Nothing crazy.

Now onto the fun one!

This bra is the Boylston bra from Orange Lingerie. The pattern is super easy to put together!
 Just keep in mind there isn't a separate pattern for the foam cups so you have to adjust the pattern to accommodate them.

 Again super easy! All you need to do is remove some seam allowance! 
(If you want an in-depth post about this here's the one I used)


Looks kinda weird in these photos but I swear they don't look as funky in person (I think it's the underwire's fault... I'm still experimenting).


Look at that top stitching! Makes my sewist heart happy!


  I covered the foam seam with silk charmeuse to hide the ugliness that hides beneath.


This fabric, though! It's a rayon viscose from Blackbird Fabrics and it is beautiful!
It's so soft and honestly, I am loving this new digital florals/florals on a dark background.


I wish I had gotten more! By the time this post is out they've completely sold out! 

Sigh...
It's always my favorites that sell out fast.

I still have a fraction of a yard left so I squeezed out an Akita shirt from Seamwork.

But that's a whole other post....

Comments

Popular Posts