To Stash Or Not To Stash?

 That is the question... 
At work this past week my awesome boss gave me a photo box filled to the brim with vintage trims!
It is so awesome that people are willing to enable my obsessions!
This lovely package also came with a surprise! A vintage collar!

So here is a very picture heavy post on my lace stash! 

First off, here are some cool looking trims that I think are from the 70s. I'm not 100% sure but they closely resemble some time from that era I've seen on buy/sell pages on Facebook.


 All of these laces are ridiculously pretty!




 These and the ones on the picture below are my favorites.



Forgot to rotate this one but oh well!



 Here are some more modern pieces.







 Some pretty eyelet lace. Not a fan of that particular shade of pink though.



 I don't know what this stuff is. Obviously polyester and some sort of trim. 
Other then that who knows!


I'm also not sure what this is. It's pretty small so maybe an applique?



 Neat bits of homemade trim! I'm thinking about making a crochet pattern based off of these.



The former owner must have been a tatter too! I'd love to learn to tat!


Here are my favorites from the box!


Especially this one! It has really cool 3D parts to some of the flower motifs.
 I believe there is another trim that  is similar to this one in the box but I didn't take a picture of it.  


Now on to the collar! So my boss thinks it's 1920s and I'm inclined to agree with her. But based off of pictures that I have found it might be slightly earlier? Maybe?


 It's quite big and is well made, I only wish I got to see the original dress it came on!


The self covered buttons are intact but quite dirty. I think it is rust damage from the shell. 


Originally I thought it was made of two types of lace but a closer look says otherwise. It's actually one big piece of lace with a collar from the same lace.

I think the pink fabric is silk but I don't know if I'll attempt a burn test. If I do I'll update this page and post it on Instagram. It is shattering in quite a few places on the ties but the fabric lining the front is in good condition.


My camera didn't pic up the fabric's color too well; it's a bit more like a peach with tan/brown tints from ageing.


The seams are so small and still in good condition!


Here is what it looks like on my dress form.


Sorry about the weird shadow.


The collar is attached to a small strip of netting that would have been sewn onto the original garment.


 I need to figure out if I want to save the collar or use it on a garment. I'll probably save it somehow but it's a nice piece to have.

Now what to do with the remaining lace... 

Comments

Popular Posts