Life Updates, Rants, and Kimono

I have been making things I promise! 
I just haven't been able to blog about it.... 
yet... 
I'm hoping to get pictures of things I've made over the past couple of weeks soon but with my current schedule, who knows how soon that will be. 
However, I have been getting some commissions completed! Plus I have been working on a fan film that a friend of mine got me into. (Super pumped about that!)

So that has taken up a bit of my personal sewing time. 

And THEN I offered my assistance to my old drama group. So I dressed and stage managed that show (so there goes an entire week).

 I'm not going to go into detail but if you have managed to talk to me in past week (kudos to you!) you will know that I have had 0 (zero, zilch, nada,) free time.
 Oh yeah! 
I'm taking a bespoke tailoring class and am juggling homework from that on top of everything else!
Holy Week is no exception to my chaotic schedule. 

sigh.

Rant over.

 I actually do have real and new pictures to show you!  


One of the actresses in the play was nice enough to let me take pictures of her in the kimono she wore! I had a great time learning different ways of tieing obi and getting to dress the actresses! So much fun! 
You will have to excuse some of the inaccuracies. 
This was an amateur production with a limited budget and time, so there have been some artistic liberties we had to take. 
But believe me...
 I know.
 I did a substantial amount of research. 
I know. 


Ain't she cute though?! 


Props to her for letting me stick my camera in her face multiple times!
 (Also her nails and her fan match!)



My sad attempt at tieing an obi. 
Some of them came out nice others were....
......passable......


I got to play with some BEAUTIFUL kimono and obi that week! 
(and I snagged one for myself! hehe)


I wish I had gotten better pictures of the kimono used in the wedding scene!
 It was amazing!


That's all for today! 
Now I need to get ready for the crazy busy week ahead.....

Last minute side note: I actually just went over my schedule for the week and I won't have a free week/weekend until June 6th *cries*

Comments

Popular Posts